Issue: After migration from iPhoto.app to Photos.app in Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.4, photos are no longer synced to mobile Apple devices, e.g. iPod, iPad, iPhone, through iTunes 12.2.0.
- Quit any running iTunes instances
- Open iPhoto.app (look into /Applications/iPhoto.app)
- Quit iPhoto, which results in updating the photo library
- Open Photos.app
- Preferences -> General: Click on the button “Use as System Photo Library” if highlighted
- Close Photos.app
- Open iTunes and navigate to Sync Photos: the options to sync from Photos.app and iPhoto.app now appears in the drop-down menu as usual